Friday, May 7, 2010

The Residents and Nam June Paik



As for Nam June Paik, probably one of my favorite artist i learned about this semester. He was aprt of the fluxux movement which is also one of my favorite next to dada. I suppose the two are somewhat similar in the sense that they both called for change in the norms of the art world.

His ability to transcend all genres is quite amazing. He can sculpt, earlier on he played the violin, paint, does installations. I think that once you learned so many disciplines it just makes you all the more creative when the time comes for you to step outside the box and produce something all of you own.

The residents is an avant-garde group that do music videos and short films. The groups is interesting to me because they maintain the anonymity and keep their identity a secret... like a superhero....

No comments:

Post a Comment