Friday, May 7, 2010

Pipilotti Rist I'm Not a Girl Who Misses much


In class we watched "I'm not a girl who misses much" by her and it scared the HELL out of me.... lol it was so freaky to me the voice, the fast forwarding, even her outfit was reminiscent of the children of the corn or even the scary well girl from The Ring.

But in retrospect i suppose an aspect art is to evoke some sort of emotion in its viewers, to make the viewer uncomfortable at times even. Putting aside my emotions i can see that their was definitely a great of video art taking place.

From an artistic point of view the actual cinematography was amazing. The textures she created complemented what she was trying to accomplish very well. The audio was well executed, however i couldn't understand what she was saying until it was explained to me but that could have been because i was so shell shock by what i was seeing. And finally her use of the video to fast forward was a great technique to alter what we as the viewer was seeing/experience.... and ah are we having a janet at the super bowl moment???????? i'm just saying.


I suppose if i put my fears aside it was an enjoyable piece after all.
check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment